How To Save On Heating
Do you like to save money? We all do.
But if you aren’t providing regular maintenance and tune-ups to your heating system or furnace you could be losing hundreds of dollars a year on your home heating.
Over the course of the year, your heating system accumulates dust and dirt, making it less efficient and leading to higher utility bills. F.H. Furr offers a complete 21-step precision tune-up and professional cleaning of your furnace or heating system that will ensure your system is operating as efficiently as possible and not wasting money.
Your Heating Tune-Up Includes:
- Visually inspect capacitors for leakage and rust
- Inspect readily accessible ducts for obvious air leaks
- Complete operations sequence check
- Check crankcase heater for proper maintenance
- Inspection of air filtration system
- Inspect blower wheel
- Inspect blower and motor and record AMP draw (lubricate as needed)
- Replacement of filter provided by customer while on site at time of inspection
- Inspect unit wiring and electrical disconnect
- Check and calibrate thermostat as required
- Inspect gas lines and connections at furnace/boiler for leaks
- Check high limit control (adjust as needed)
- Inspect burner ignition system and assembly
- Inspect gas burners
- Check and adjust manifold gas pressure
- Check temperature rise across heat exchanger for overheating
- Inspect heat exchanger for sooting, corrosion, cracks and deformities
- Inspect gas valve for corrosion, leaks, restriction of gas flow and abnormal noise
- Inspect furnace/boiler wiring assembly for loose connections
- Inspect flue and venting for obstructions and leaks
- Check (1) electrical circuit to furnace/boiler. Test all electrical/safety circuits/controls for proper operation
- Inspect entire furnace/boiler for loose or worn parts and abnormal vibrations
- Test and adjust the unit for peak operating efficiency
- Check carbon monoxide emission level or pass/fail
- Check defrost cycle and reversing valve operation (heat pumps only)
- Tighten screw lug terminals in condensing unit (heat pumps only)
- Check refrigerant level (heat pumps only)
- Check emergency heat systems for proper operation (heat pumps only)
Contact us today to schedule your heating tune-up and start saving today.
Did you also know that new high-efficiency systems can save UP to 107% of your HVAC costs and pay for themselves in lower air conditioning and heating bills within several years (as well as providing you with a more comfortable home living experience)?
Let our friendly and experienced team of Comfort Consultants give you a free Home Comfort System Analysis. They’ll study and discuss any concerns/problems that you may have with your current comfort system. They’ll review all system recommendation options and help you with finding the best home comfort system that meets all your family’s needs and budget.
Contact us today and speak with a Customer Service Representative to schedule your FREE Home Comfort System Analysis.