How To Save On Air Conditioning
Do you like to save money? We all do.
But if you aren’t providing regular maintenance and tune-ups to your air conditioning system you could be losing hundreds of dollars a year on your home utility bills. Over the course of the year, your AC unit accumulates dust and dirt, making it less efficient and leading to higher energy costs. F.H. Furr offers a complete 25-step precision tune-up of your air conditioning or AC system that will ensure your unit is operating as efficiently as possible and not wasting money.
Your A/C Tune-Up Includes:
- Visually inspect capacitors for leakage and rust
- Inspect readily accessible ducts for obvious air leaks
- Complete operations sequence check
- Check crankcase heater for proper maintenance
- Inspection of air filtration system
- Inspect blower wheel
- Inspect blower and motor and record AMP draw (lubricate as needed)
- Replacement of filter provided by customer while on site at time of inspection
- Inspect unit wiring and electrical disconnect
- Check and calibrate thermostat as required
- Tighten screw lug terminals in condensing unit
- Inspect contractor for pits or burns
- Check and record AMP draw of condenser motor and compressor
- Inspect fan blade for cracks or defects
- Check condenser motor bearings, lubricate non sealed condenser motor bearings (when necessary)
- Inspect indoor coil if accessible
- Inspect any condensate drain pans and drains for proper operation
- Check and record operating pressures and temperatures
- Inspect and clean outdoor unit (does not include use of detergent)
- Check refrigerant level (when outside temp>60 degrees F)
- Inspect cooling system for unusual vibration or loose parts
- Inspect and flush condensate lines and check condensate pump operation (if equipped)
- Check evaporator for adequate airflow
- Lubricate furnace/boiler blower or air handler
- Check overall operation of system
An inspection ensures your equipment is operating safely and is a great way to guarantee that you won’t be caught off guard with an unforeseen air conditioning breakdown this summer — when demand for air conditioner service and repair is at its peak. Preventive maintenance also saves money by maximizing efficiency and minimizing costly breakdowns.
Did you also know that new high-efficiency systems can save UP to 107% of your HVAC costs and pay for themselves in lower air conditioning and heating bills within several years (as well as providing you with a more comfortable home living experience)?
Let our friendly and experienced team of Comfort Consultants give you a free Home Comfort System Analysis. They’ll study and discuss any concerns/problems that you may have with your current comfort system. They’ll review all system recommendation options and help you with finding the best home comfort system that meets all your family’s needs and budget.
Contact us today and speak with a Customer Service Representative to schedule your FREE Home Comfort System Analysis.