Increase the Comfort and Energy Savings of Your Home?
Programmable thermostats are designed to keep your home nice and cozy when you’re in and not waste energy when you’re out. They also allow you to program and pre-set separate temperatures for the various seasons of the year. Additionally they can also be set to coincide with your daily living, working, and sleeping schedules.??Did you know that the average household spends more than $2,000 a year on energy bills with nearly half of that spent on heating and AC bills. By using a programmable thermostat you can not only gain complete control over the efficiency of your heating and cooling system but you also can save an average of $180 per year in energy bills.
Which Programmable Thermostat is Best for Me?
In general, every programmable thermostat comes with four pre-programmed settings and maintains those settings within two degrees. Many qualified models also come with additional features, such as:
- Digital, backlit displays
- Touch pad screen programming
- Voice and/or phone programming
- Hold/Vacation features
- Indicators which tell you when it’s time to change air filters
- Indicators that signal malfunctioning of heating/cooling systems
- Adaptive Recovery/ Smart Recovery features — control features that senses the amount of time it will take to reach the next set-point temperature, and reach desired temperatures by the set time
How Do You Choose the Right One for You?
To decide which model is best for you, think about your schedule and how often you are away from home for regular periods of time — work, school, other activities — and then decide which of the three different models best fits your schedule: the 7-day, 5+2-day, or the 5-1-1-day.
- 7-day models are best if your daily schedule tends to change, say, if children are at home earlier on some days. They give you the most flexibility, and let you set different programs for different days — usually with four possible temperature periods per day.
- 5+2-day models use the same schedule every weekday, and another for weekends.
- 5-1-1 models are best if you tend to keep one schedule Monday through Friday and another schedule on Saturdays and Sundays.
Programmable thermostats help you keep your home comfortable AND save money! ??What’s the bottom line? The bottom line is that programmable thermostats improve indoor comfort, contain no mercury and save money on your energy bill.
So for improved indoor comfort and increased energy savings, call 1-877-225-5387 today to schedule your free consultation with one of our Comfort Consultants.