Keep warm with a high efficiency boiler this winter.Frequently Asked QuestionsIs there anything more comforting on a harsh winter’s day than a warm, cozy home? Heating is important not only for the comfort of you and your family but also for your home’s energy-efficiency and protection. As a homeowner you should have the peace of mind knowing that your boiler system is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. With a cost-effective and dependable boiler system, you can be rest-assured that your energy bills will be much lower and your home more comfortable for you and your family.
Call 1-800-401-2980 for a Free Estimate and your F. H. Furr Comfort Consultant will meet with you and do an analysis of your home to determine what is right for your needs.
How a Boiler Works
Hydronic Heating is the heating of a building by radiation from panels containing hot water and is becoming more and more popular in America. It is efficient and comfortable because it uses the ultimate transfer medium…water! Because of recent advances in boiler and heat distribution system technologies, there has been an increased demand for hydronic heating. More specifically, advances in plastic tubing has made it possible to heat floors, walls, swimming pools, and even sidewalks/driveways!
Ready to Install/Replace Your Boiler?
Let our friendly and experienced team of Comfort Consultants give you a free Home Comfort System Analysis. They’ll study and discuss any concerns/problems that you may have with your current comfort system. They’ll review all system recommendation options and help you with finding the best home comfort system that meets all your family’s needs and budget.
Call today and speak with a Customer Service Representative to schedule your FREE Home Comfort System Analysis.
If you’re experiencing hot/cold spots in your home or shortages in hot water, your contractor may be able to recommend alternate solutions that better suit your lifestyle:
- Water-heating upgrades: An “internal tankless coil” can be immersed into a boiler’s hot water. The coil picks up the heat and transfers it to fresh water contained safely inside the copper piping. An “indirect water heater” is a separate external storage tank. Hot water is piped out of the boiler’s heat exchanger into a sealed coil inside the tank. Heavily insulated to minimize heat loss, these indirect water heater units can hold up to 119 gallons.
- Zoning upgrades: Hot water systems can be “zoned” allowing different areas of a home to be regulated by their own thermostats. For example, one zone can be created for the sleeping area, another for the living area, and still another for the kitchen/dining area. If temperatures fall off more quickly in one zone than another, the thermostat will call for hot water to be circulated to that particular zone. Thermostats with a “set-back” capability let you turn the temperature down in unoccupied areas–such as bedrooms during the day–to save fuel.
- System enhancements: There are inexpensive upgrades that can improve your homes comfort levels:
- A constant circulation pump and a few carefully placed non-electric radiant valves can enhance the performance of existing radiation.
- “Tempering” valves in combination with in-floor tubing creates comfortable radiant floors.
Luxurious Radiant Heating: Use of radiant heating is spreading rapidly across the world because it’s clean, quiet, efficient, dependable, and invisible. Hot water circulates through extremely durable tubing installed in or under your floors, walls or ceilings. This luxuriant heating warms you and your furniture, not the air space in the room. Although radiant heating is only recently becoming popular, the ancient Romans used a similar system for heating their stone and marble floors and millions homeowners throughout Asia and Europe have been using it for decades.
Snow and Ice-Free Safe Driveways and Sidewalks: Use hydronic heating to spare yourself the trouble of shoveling those sidewalks and driveways. Have long-lasting tubing embedded in your sidewalks and driveways melting the snow and ice before it even has a chance to accumulate. A great convenience for seniors and a safety solution for all.